Monday, April 19, 2010

Awesome Things

First, there is a man who lives next to us in our apartment complex who is an AMAZING opera singer.  Like, it's got to be his profession.  He practices sometimes and we can hear it faintly through the walls.  He's so good!  Tyler mentioned tonight that he suspects that it might be a recording we're hearing.  I choose not to believe that, though.  For one thing, I've heard the man doing scales over and over, and no recording would have that.  Also, tonight (while I had my ear pressed to the wall in our office so I could hear better), I heard him stop singing and start whistling at one point.  He's totally real and totally awesome.

Second awesome thing:  Lately, I've been getting randomly murderously bored and to remedy that, I've been re-reading some old emails in my oldest email account inbox.  It's been HILARIOUS.  I have a bad memory and this has allowed me to get some good laughs and remember the drama I've survived.  But the awesome thing is this-- I found a photo I'd taken in high school that I thought I'd lost forever!!!!  I took a trip to Paris with my dad before college and while there I took a really awesome photo of the Eiffel Tower.  I'd loved that picture so much; it was the background on my desktop.  Then, my laptop crashed and I lost my Paris pictures forever.  I was sad about all of them, but mostly about that one photo that I was so proud of.  And tonight, I found it in an email I sent to a friend from high school!  She'd asked about my trip and I attached it to the message!  HOORAY!!!!

Oh, and here's the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment