Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lunch Breaks for Bookworms

I'm so excited! 

Where I work, I have a really flexible schedule, including breaks for lunch.  The only restriction is that I'm not supposed to work over 32 hours a week (it's technically a part-time internship).  That leaves me a lot of wiggle room. I want to be working as much of a normal schedule as possible, so in order to clock in and out at normal times (i.e. 9:30ish in the mornings and 4:30ish in the afternoons), I'm encouraged to clock out for long, luxurious lunch breaks. 

Since I can't exactly spend an hour and half eating the little lunch I bring, I have devised a brilliant plan.  I'm going to go downstairs to the Borders bookstore and read!  I know that is super nerdy, but I don't care.  Our offices are a floor above Borders, so I'll meet a friend of mine who works nearby for lunch and then spend some quality time in the comfortable Borders chairs with a good book.

This brings me to my plea for suggestions.  If you have read any great books recently, let me know!  I have an entire bookstore to peruse.  I know it's probably cheating they system somehow, but I'm planning on finding a good book on the shelves and reading it in the store, remembering my stopping place and picking up where I left off the next day.  So leave me a comment with as many book suggestions as you'd like-- money is no object!

1 comment:

  1. I read a bunch of "chick lit" so you probably don't want those suggestions. So I will suggest The Help and The Year of Living Biblically.

    ReplyDelete