Saturday, March 27, 2010

Please, Please, Please Somebody...

...cut off my feet.  O.M.G.  They hurt so bad.  I wore a new pair of heels to work today, and I'm definitely paying for it now.  Magically, they didn't leave any blisters, but the balls of my feet are KILLING me.  It was a long day full of lots of walking and standing and I really thought I might just weep by the end of it.

But enough of the bad!  Let's move on to the good!  And I mean GOOD!  Today was the day I've been waiting/working for all week!  Tim Gunn Day!  For those who don't know, today at the Galleria, we had an event with Liz Claiborne.  Tim is the chief creative officer for Liz Claiborne, so he hosted the event.  It was a runway show, with commentary from Tim and another member of the LC team, followed by a cocktail hour during which time certain people got to wait in line for a chance to meet Tim and have a photo taken.  It was neat being on the behind-the-scenes team, because I got to go backstage and see the space where the models would be getting ready, I got to see Tim being walked over to the runway before any of the shoppers realized he was there and I got to be inside velvet ropes right by the runway and Tim while all the commoners (ha!) waited in line to meet him. 

Another perk we were all anticipating was meeting Tim ourselves.  We did get to, and in my opinion it was awesome!  But, a little bummer was the fact that we had to wait until all of the paying customers finished meeting him before we got our turn, and by that time, Tim's team was apparently ready to go.  So instead of getting an individual photo and some precious 1-on-1 time with him, we had to take a quick group photo.  But like I said, it was still awesome.  I was the first person in line with our group, so while the rest of our people joined me and Tim on the runway, I did get to shake his hand and talk to him.  Basically I said it's nice to meet you and thanked him for being there, but he spoke back to me, so I'm going to count that as valuable conversation.  And then, the way the group filed on stage, I ended up standing right next to Tim in the photo!  His fashion-geniusy hand was on my shoulder!!!

It was all great.  Here are a few photos of the magic.  Excuse the fact that I look moderately crazy in some of them...I was pretty excited and I daresay it shows.













































































After Tim Gunn, as if that wasn't enough, I also passed right by Chris Brown and his posse/security.  He was there "shopping".  Really, I'm sure he was just walking around soaking up the attention, but still: AWESOME!  I was literally two feet from Chris Brown!  We made eye contact, so I'm going to go ahead and consider that as us meeting.  Ha!  And look, I know he hit Rihanna, and no.  That's not okay.  BUT, he's still famous and talented and I'm still going to listen to and love his music and be amazed by his dancing, so I was really excited and had I not been a) alone and b) without a camera I would have DEFINITELY asked if I could take a picture with him. 

And just to put the cherry on top of the already awesome day, I also got to meet Page Parkes, of the Page Parkes Corporation, which is an amazing national modeling agency known for discovering/representing the likes of some very famous people (Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, Channing Tatum, Hilary & Hailey Duff, Tyson Beckford, Alexis Bledel and Josh Holloway of LOST fame, just to name a few...).  It was exciting to know that maybe I'm now one degree of separation from some mega-stars.  I wish I could have read her mind while I was talking to her, because I'm sure she sizes people up in her head.  Then again, maybe I'm glad I couldn't!  (Oh, she's the one on the far left in the group shot with Tim Gunn, if anyone's curious.)

I know this is a long post, and thanks for reading all of it if you did.  It was just a really fun day!  Everything (from a work perspective) went really smoothly and it was an overall success! 

Except for my aching feet...  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment